Free Pinterest Pin Templates
Need help creating pins for Pinterest? Create engaging Pinterest Pins with the help of our free customizable and editable Pinterest Pin templates.
As a Pinterest VA, I’ve been trying to think of more ways I can help my clients and readers grow their Pinterest and it finally dawned on me that the best resource right now is to make it easier for everyone to create fresh pins. So, that’s exactly what I’m doing! I’m going to be sharing free pin templates on a regular basis that will help everyone create pins that you can then quickly upload to your Pinterest account.
I’ve created 5 Pinterest Pin templates that you can edit using Canva for free. This first set of free templates can be used for recipes, craft projects, DIY, and more. I also plan to share round up and longer pin templates next month.
Creating New Pins for Pinterest
First, let’s talk about why these pin templates are going to help you. We all know that Pinterest wants to see fresh pins added but what exactly does this mean?
To be considered fresh, a pin needs:
- A unique image
- A unique title
- A unique description
The best way to do this is to add the fresh, new pin to Pinterest manually. If using a Pinterest plugin like Grow or Social Warfare, the pin title and description will be the same so I really recommend using the pin create button (the little red plus button on Pinterest) for creating new pins.
When and How to Pin New Pins
This is what I recommend doing after you’ve created your three new pin images.
- Live pin your first pin to one of your best boards.
- Use pin create (little red plus button on Pinterest) to schedule subsequent pins out 3-5 days later to relevant boards.
This is not easy to keep track of without a plan. I have many that keep a little calendar and put a tick on the calendar to keep track of the days they have pins scheduled to go out. I’m working on creating a printable and spreadsheet to help keep track of this so stay tuned for that.
Free Canva Pinterest Templates
Now it’s time to start creating our new pins. I created these templates so you can quickly add in your title, subtitle, and URL. You can also adjust the size of the font and change the colors to match the image or your brand.
What’s Included in this Bundle:
- 5 Pinterest pin templates
- Vertical 2:3 aspect ratio optimized for Pinterest
- Instant access using Canva
How to Edit Templates
- First, if you don’t have a Canva account, you will need to create a free account. There is no need to upgrade to Canva Pro. These are all free templates.
- Click on the link below to open the templates.
- Click FILE in the upper right hand corner and select MAKE A COPY. This will save the templates to your Canva account.
- Now you’re ready to edit, add images, and create your new pins.